Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2929

Thread: FreeArc

Thanks

cmd srep + freearc

Hi, Bulat and people. I use last precomp, srep and freearc.

I would like to know:

A. The console command line (and, if needed, "arc.ini" modifications) to:

1. precomp + srep + freearc (best asymmetric) a folder, its files and subfolders.
    2. srep + freearc (best asymmetric) a folder, its files and subfolders.
    3. precomp + srep + 7-zip (lzma2 ultra) a folder, its files and subfolders.

B. The console command line (and, if needed, "arc.ini" modifications) to uncompress that file. Can I use just "unarc.exe" or what do I need to uncompress?

Thanks.

Thanks
    you should install latest (Feb 2012) freearc and replace arc.ini with the attached one. then use freearc GUI and select max. compression mode and enable checkboxes for srep/precomp compression. first line in the dialog will show you cmdlne options that you need. decompression may be performed by unarc.exe and require arc.ini and srep/precomp executables. it was about using precomp/srep inside arc archives

you can also use them "outside" i.e. archive files w/o compression (tar/7z -mx0/arc -m0 -dm0), then process this archive with precomp and/or srep and then compress output with 7z -mx/arc -mx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    'l' command only returns archive totals. listing isn't implemented because it wasn't requested

facompress/cls isn't required, but if you use them - make sure that all dlls is from the same freearc package because API was modified in Sep2011

try
    errcode = DLL.CallFunction("unarc.dll", "FreeArcExtract",'NULL,"x","c:\\testext\\test.arc" ','NULL,DLL_RETURN_TYPE_INTEGER, DLL_CALL_CDECL);

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulat Ziganshin View Post
    'l' command only returns archive totals. listing isn't implemented because it wasn't requested

facompress/cls isn't required, but if you use them - make sure that all dlls is from the same freearc package because API was modified in Sep2011

try

Code:
    errcode = DLL.CallFunction("unarc.dll", "FreeArcExtract",'NULL,"x","c:\\testext\\test.arc" ','NULL,DLL_RETURN_TYPE_INTEGER, DLL_CALL_CDECL);
    thanks for the reply. your code sample had the same result. i tried to access unarc.dll with the external dll call in freepascal and the behavior was exactly the same. the file gets read completely, but nothing is extracted:

Code:
    function FreeArcExtract(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k:PAnsiChar): integer; cdecl; external 'unarc.dll';

begin
         FreeArcExtract(nil, 'x', 'C:\testext\test.arc', nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil);
         // also doesn't work: FreeArcExtract(nil, 'x', '-dpc:\testext', '--', 'C:\testext\test.arc', nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil);  
    end;

end.
    since your "LoadLibrary"-based delphi example compiles and runs fine, that leads me to believe that the dll doesn't support all call methods. i wanted to keep it simple, since i'm not that experienced in that regard, but it looks like i need to shape up quicker than i had planned

Edit: I switched to the LoadLibrary calling method and still get the same behaviour: The file is read but nothing gets extracted. What am I doing wrong?

Code:
    var
      Form1: TForm1; 
      Handle: THandle;
      FreeArcExtract: function(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k: PAnsiChar): integer; cdecl;

implementation

{$R *.lfm}

//function FreeArcExtract(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k:PAnsiChar): integer; cdecl; external 'unarc.dll';

{ TForm1 }

procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
    begin
         Handle := LoadLibrary('UNARC.DLL');
         FreeArcExtract := GetProcAddress(Handle, 'FreeArcExtract');
         FreeArcExtract(nil, 'x', '-dpc:\testext', '--', 'C:\testext\test.arc', nil, nil, nil, nil, nil, nil);
         FreeLibrary(Handle);
    end;

end.
    Last edited by Mexxi; 16th April 2012 at 17:57.

Thanks
    i don't know. why don't use working delphi example as the starting point?

Thanks
    It's too complex for my need. In the meantime I tested my latest code with the unarc.dll (218kb) for InnoSetup and the extraction worked. My app crashed afterwards though. Your Delphi-sample worked with the dll (301kb) mine doesn't work with though. I guess I'll have to use your sample as a basis until I finally get what's going wrong here.

Edit: Ok, I figured out the problem. In your source code to the dll you wrote that the argument for the callback-function in the dll-call may be NULL, but that isn't the case for the current version. There must be a callback function specified. I added an empty callback function and voila...it worked
    Last edited by Mexxi; 16th April 2012 at 18:54.

Thanks
    Thanks, Bulat. I am going to try, but that line you speak about has nothing to do with, for example, this one I've found surfing the web (which works, but instead of 7-zip I want to use the best asymmetric compression, and I do not know how):

arc a -r .\result.arc -msrep+lzma:a1:mfbt4:d256m:fb128:mc1000:lc8 "c:\source\*"
    Last edited by jimbus80; 16th April 2012 at 23:24.

Thanks

encryption and unarc.exe/unarc.dll

i wanted to extract encrypted arc-archives with unarc.exe and unarc.dll and discovered two things:

1. only normal and fast encryption is supported
    2. if strong or strongest encryption is used, the dll and exe behave buggy. unarc.exe repeatedly asks the user to "Enter Password" even if it was specified at the command line. there's no way to break out of it even if the correct password is entered. only with ctrl+c unarc.exe can be aborted then.

unarc.dll merely freezes the whole app which requires the calling process to be closed with the task manager. apparently, there's no check for the unsupported encryption. is there a roadmap when those will be supported?

Thanks

Freearc 64-bit version?

Bulat,

I l;ove FreeArc -- been using it since 0.36 / 0.40. Hwever, are you working on compiling it for 64-bit OS / CPUs?

Hopefully, the 64-bit version will allow 10-20% more speed and very large dictionaries... I have 16 GB of DDR3 running an i7 2600k @ 4.8 Ghz. FreeArc flies on that system, especially in the mex modes.

Thanks for FreeArc and all the work and time you've spent on improving it over the years!

Thanks
    i have pretty the same config win64 port can't be done before ghc will start to support win64: http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1884

Thanks
    Mexxi, i've fixed the bug with SERPENT decryption in unarc.exe/dll/sfx. meanwhile, you can download fixed files as http://freearc.org/download/testing/unarc2012-04-24.zip

can you please provide me some examples of using unarc.dll with AMS, it will be great to include them in FreeArc's Addons\Unarc-DLL

and thanks for pointing NULL callback bug, i will fix it later

Thanks
    jimbus80, freearc is flexible beast so you have various ways to implement what you need. you may try to learn it from freearc docs but they are bit outdated and poorly translated. so i just provided you simplest way to make use of precomp and srep

Thanks
    Hey Bulat, thanks for your reply

Mexxi, i've fixed the bug with SERPENT decryption in unarc.exe/dll/sfx. meanwhile, you can download fixed files as http://freearc.org/download/testing/unarc2012-04-24.zip
    Thanks! They work great!

can you please provide me some examples of using unarc.dll with AMS, it will be great to include them in FreeArc's Addons\Unarc-DLL

and thanks for pointing NULL callback bug, i will fix it later
    Sure thing. To circumvent the callback bug, I wrote my own wrapper dll to call unarc dll and drop the callback to get it to work with AMS. This won't be necessary once the bug is gone, so I'll wait with code samples till the fix.

To be honest, AMS is rather terrible when it comes to dealing with dll's. I had planned to create a Freearc-based installer with it, but its callback handling is limited to receiving exit codes. To integrate Freearc better into AMS and provide more feedback during extraction, a Freearc-plugin would be necessary. AMS-Plugins are basically specialized c++-dlls and compiled with their free SDK. One AMS-user actually compiled a working Freearc-plugin for AMS, but that was like 2 years ago, so it neither offers all modern features of Freearc, nor is it compatible with the latest AMS-version. Since I'm not capable of writing one, the resulting dll-example will have quite a few flaws which will make it less desirable to use:

- app-freezing during extraction (AMS isn't multithreading capable)
    - no progress bar or info about extracted files, content or anything at all
    - no support for non-printable passwords

For smaller archives that's ok, but once extraction takes more than a couple of seconds, AMS is a bad choice to use.
    Last edited by Mexxi; 24th April 2012 at 16:06.

Thanks
    new alpha version:

compression:
    • arc.ini: removed outdated -m#p definition (now it's inside arc.exe)
    • -max/-m#p/-m#j got new definitions with precomp+dispack+srep
    • new compression method synonyms: precomp, precompj, maxprecomp, maxprecompj, exe2, maxsrep
    • -m1 made faster on multimedia/compressed files
    • DisPack: improved x86 code detection and compression ratio as consequence
    • -s now is equal to "-s100k;" (was "-s20k;")
    other improvements:
    • SFX/Installer: compression by the UPX now is disabled because antivirus software scans large SFXes very slow
    • ArcInfo/lt: more verbose info about archive dictionaries; CompressionMemory/DecompressionMemory/Dictionary for .7z archives
    • -rr: -lc now obeyed when adding large RR to archive
    • Portuguese Standard translation was substantially improved
    • GUI: now text inputs in Add/... dialogs may include spaces if entire option text is surrounded with quotes, f.e.:
      " %Y-%m-%d"
      Date: " %Y-%m-%d"
    bugfixes:
    • LZMA-x64: fixed bug that prevented use of more than 4GB even in 64-bit version
    • Unarc: fixed bug with SERPENT decryption in unarc.exe/dll/sfx
    • GUI: bugfix: Compression checkbox in the Add dialog shouldn't be forced to be checked when the dialog is initialised or archive type is selected

Thanks
    > more than 4GB even in 64-bit version

So does it support any window size? or just >4G in winsize*10.5 allocation?

Thanks
    it does the same as 7zip/x64: dictionary up to 1gb, with memory usage up to 10.5 gb. my program just had the bug limiting memusage to 4gb

Thanks
    it does the same as 7zip/x64: dictionary up to 1gb, with memory usage up to 10.5 gb. my program just had the bug limiting memusage to 4gb
    I suppose in LZMA2 MT mode it supports > 10.5 GB ? Something like 256MB/512MB dictionary in 12 threads ? (I have a i7 970 with 6+6 cores in HT mode with 24GB RAM)

Thanks
    new alpha version:

compression:
    • arc.ini: removed outdated -m#p definition (now it's inside arc.exe)
    • -max/-m#p/-m#j got new definitions with precomp+dispack+srep
    • new compression method synonyms: precomp, precompj, maxprecomp, maxprecompj, exe2, maxsrep
    Thanks a lot for the new update, Bulat, again, great work you're doing !
    Can you explain what each of the new synonyms does ? (precomp, precompj, maxprecomp, maxprecompj, exe2, maxsrep)
    precomp is obvious, but what is precompj and the others ?
    What should be the optimal order ? precomp -> dispack -> srep or srep before precomp ?
    exe2 is probably dispack only ?

[*]-rr: -lc now obeyed when adding large RR to archive
    Is the -rr from freearc technical/functional equal to what winrar has ?
    Do you plan to add recovery-volumes like winrar has ?
    Last edited by pat357; 19th May 2012 at 07:12.

Tester
    Thanks
    using experimental switches in GUI version does not work for me.. compression aborts

-mx -mc:lzma/lzma:max:512mb -mc:exe/exe2 -mc:rep/maxsrep -mc$default,$obj:+precompj

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Busch View Post
    using experimental switches in GUI version does not work for me.. compression aborts
    thank you, i will look into it.

I suppose in LZMA2 MT
    FreeArc-LZMA-x64.exe is just the freearc's lzma algo placed in the exe file, and it doesn't support lzma2 at all. OTOH it supports freearc's ht4 algo

Can you explain what each of the new synonyms does ? (precomp, precompj, maxprecomp, maxprecompj, exe2, maxsrep)
    these methods are used for implementing Experimental compressors in the GUI. you can find their current definitions using

Code:
    C:\> Arc.exe --print-config
    ;Compression modes involving external precomp+srep
    #p = maxprecomp +exe2+maxsrep+#xb / $text=#t / $wav = #$wav / $bmp = #$bmp
    #j = maxprecompj+exe2+maxsrep+#xb / $text=#t / $wav = #$wav / $bmp = #$bmp

precompj    = precomp042:c-
    precomp     = precompj:t-j
    maxprecompj = precompj:intense
    maxprecomp  = precomp:intense
    exe2        = dispack070
    maxsrep     = srep:m3f:mem256mb
    What should be the optimal order ? precomp -> dispack -> srep or srep before precomp ?
    either precomp -> dispack -> srep or precomp -> srep -> dispack, sometimes first is better and sometimes the second. btw, the best compression requires to integrate bcj/dispack inside rep/srep so that bcj gots real offsets of x86 instructions being translated. i plan to do it sometimes

Is the -rr from freearc technical/functional equal to what winrar has ?
    probably yes (i don't know rar internals). freearc splits archive to "sectors", saves XORed groups of sectors and CRC32 for each sector. fa has some more features, otoh it can't search for lost directory blocks in the case of badly broken archive

Do you plan to add recovery-volumes like winrar has ?
    i plan to add simple volumes in 0.75, but has no any concrete plans on recovery-volumes or PAR2-like recovery
    Last edited by Bulat Ziganshin; 19th May 2012 at 14:26.

Tester
    Thanks
    How is the commandline for using all experimental algorithms?

I tried this:

arc a -r -mx -mc=lzma/lzma:max:512mb -mc=exe/exe2 -mc=rep/maxsrep -mc$default,$obj:+precomp042:c- 3d.arc TEST_3DGame\*
    Last edited by Stephan Busch; 20th May 2012 at 01:28.

Tester
    Thanks
    results of FreeARC 0.67 (May 19) console with experimental switches are online.
    It seems to compress faster and a bit better, but not the APP testset which contains a lot of executables, or does rep interfere here with dispack?
    For better textual compression I would wish to manually adjust PPMd order and memory size. How can I do that in console version and is there
    a way to do that in GUI version?

If I use this:

arc a -r -mx -mc=lzma/lzma:max:512mb -mc=exe/exe2 -mc=rep/maxsrep -mc$de
    fault,$obj:+precomp042:cn -mc=text/ppmd:13:2048mb:r1 xmlx.arc TEST_XML\*

the archive size is equal to the archive size I got without -mc=text.. switch.

the same happens when I use external pmm.exe (-mc=text/pmm16:2048m)
    Last edited by Stephan Busch; 20th May 2012 at 02:54.

Thanks
    new alpha version:
    • fixed bug with using synonyms in -mc (i.e. precomp, precompj, maxprecomp, maxprecompj, exe2, maxsrep)
    • -mm/-mm+ definition was simplified - now it's always equal to -mm=max

Thanks
    >It seems to compress faster and a bit better, but not the APP testset which contains a lot of executables, or does rep interfere here with dispack?

it's the most probable reason. you can try to change their order. also you can try -max (-m9p) and -m9j options that include recomp/dispack/srep methods. at least it will simplify your cmdline

>
    -mc=text/ppmd:13:2048mb:r1

you meant -m$text=ppmd:13:2048mb:r1. but probably -mc:ppmd/ppmd:13:2048mb:r1 would be even better. especially with pmm
    Last edited by Bulat Ziganshin; 20th May 2012 at 17:59.

Tester
    Thanks
    thank you Bulat.

When I compress XML dataset, which just contains .xml files, FreeArc still uses Precomp with this command line:

E:\TEMP>arc a -r -mx -mc=lzma/lzma:max:512mb -mc=exe/exe2 -mc=rep/maxsrep -mc$de
    fault,$obj:+precomp042:c- xml.arc TEST_XML\*
    FreeArc 0.67 (May 20 2012) creating archive: xml.arc
    Compressing 10 files, 1,000,000,000 bytes. Processed 80.9%
    Compressing 200,000,000 bytes with precomp042 -c- -o$$arcpackedfile$$.tmp $$ar
    cdatafile$$.tmp

Precomp v0.4.2
    Free for non-commercial use - Copyright 2006-2011 by Christian Schneider

Input file: $$arcdatafile$$.tmp
    Output file: $$arcpackedfile$$.tmp

Using packjpg24.dll for JPG recompression.
    --> packJPG library v2.4 by Matthias Stirner <--
    More about PackJPG here: http://www.elektronik.htw-aalen.de/packjpg

100.00% - New size: 200000036 instead of 200000000

Done.
    Time: 15 second(s), 343 millisecond(s)

Recompressed streams: 0/0

None of the given compression and memory levels could be used.
    There will be no gain compressing the output file.

Errorlevel=2
    Compressed 10 files, 1,000,000,000 => 183,957,033 bytes. Ratio 18.3%
    Compression time: cpu 474.36 secs, real 400.21 secs. Speed 2,499 kB/s
    All OK

How can I change PPMd settings or use another compressor for text?
    Last edited by Stephan Busch; 20th May 2012 at 18:05.

Thanks
    it's becuase it recognizes 200 mb of these data as non-text. it can be disabled with -ma-, f.e.

i think that fa has so many features that you can't find the best compression w/o spending a lot of time. f.e. you can use the same ppmd options as you have used for 7-zip
    Last edited by Bulat Ziganshin; 20th May 2012 at 18:25.

Tester
    Thanks
    but how do I use those PPMd settings? the console version seems to ignore whatever I specify.

E:\TEMP>arc a -r -mx -mc=lzma/lzma:max:512mb -mc=ppmd/ppmd:13:2048mb:r1 -mc=exe/
    exe2 -mc=rep/maxsrep -mc$default,$obj:+precomp042:c- xml.arc TEST_XML\*

Thanks
    use "-mc:" instead of "-mc="

Thanks
    sorry, this alpha was reuploaded due to serious problem - freearc.exe was compiled in debug mode. as you can see, i've also used the chance to improve docs

new alpha version
    :
    • fixed bug with using synonyms in -mc (i.e. precomp, precompj, maxprecomp, maxprecompj, exe2, maxsrep)
    • -mm/-mm+ definition was simplified - now it's always equal to -mm=max
    • unarc.dll: info about 'l' command added to the readme-rus.txt
    • please note that -max (-m9p) compression mode provides maximum compression with precomp+srep+dispack, while -m9j mode does the same plus jpeg recompression
    Using synonyms added in the last versions, now FreeArc implements "Exprerimental compressor" checkboxes in the following way:

lzma:1gb: -mc:lzma/lzma:max:512mb
    exe2: -mc:exe/exe2
    srep: -mc:rep/maxsrep
    precomp: -mc$default,$obj:+precomp
    intense: -mc$default,$obj:+maxprecomp
    jpeg: -mc$default,$obj:+precompj
    intense+jpeg: -mc$default,$obj:+maxprecompj
    Last edited by Bulat Ziganshin; 20th May 2012 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Hey its possible with freearc to use the 7z u -u- function with 7z split archives?

Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast