Thread: Getting JOCL to work.

Thanks

Getting JOCL to work.

Welcome back after a long time!

During summer I was working full-time in a company, now I work in reduced time and also have most of problems at university solved, so I have time to look at OpenCL.

I've recently upgraded my Radeon HD 4670 to Radeon HD 5770 because it has the newest OpenCL capabilities.

I'm looking for someone who succesfully deployed samples that can be found at: http://www.jocl.org/samples/samples.html under Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit.

I've installed AMD Stream SDK, set up things according to Installation Notes, set up additional environment variables/ symbolic links/ additional packages but still there's some libraries/ links/ variables missing.

If someone has experience with this please let me know or point me where can I get/ ask for more information about that.

If I fail with Java + OpenCL I'll try C++ + OpenCL, but as I haven't developed anything in C++ for a long time, the C++ programs would have poorer interface.

BTW: This program will do bzip2 compression (I've mentioned that idea earlier on this forum).

Thanks
    Good news! I did it - JOCL works on my Ubuntu. Now I'm searching for some staightforward tutorials.

I'm also thinking about applying to Google Summer of Code with that project.

EDIT:
    I've succesfully converted Hello World example to JOCL Original is here: http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStre...ialOpenCL.aspx
    Last edited by Piotr Tarsa; 1st November 2010 at 03:22.