Infozip 3 released
New features in Zip 3.0, released 7 July 2008:
* large-file support (i.e., > 2GB)
* support for more than 65536 files per archive
* multi-part archive support
* bzip2 compression support
* Unicode (UTF- filename and (partial) comment support
* difference mode (for incremental backups)
* filesystem-synch mode
* cross-archive copy mode
* extended progress info and logging
* improved archive-fixing support
* improved streaming and piping
* improved command-line parser
* improved Unix FIFO support
* Unix 32-bit UIDs/GIDs (requires UnZip 6.0 to restore)
The next major release of Zip will be version 3.1, with AES encryption, complete Unicode-comments support, extended attributes, and perhaps some other things.
Thanks for the update lunaris!
3rd August 2008, 01:31
- DJGPP 2.04 .EXEs w/ Bzip2 support: zip30dj.zip (339k)
- OpenWatcom 1.7a .EXEs, no Bzip2 support (all PMODE/W, all Win32, and ZIP16 "low mem"): zip30wat.zip (632k)
3rd August 2008, 09:26
Thanks pimple rug and DB!
I'll ask for giorgio include infozip as alternative for igor zip.
It's more stable and fast.
3rd August 2008, 13:47
25th August 2008, 11:05
Decompressing Info-ZIP 3 archives
PIM and PeaZip correctly recognize and process files compressed in Info-ZIP with the bzip2 option. I suggest that this be noted in the PIM and PeaZip doc files - users will know they do not need to wait for Unzip.
(Tested on archives produced by rugxulo's DOS/djgpp compilation).
Tags for this Thread