I'm glad to present my new micro-framework for archiver benchmarking. It was developed with the following goals in mind:
Some goals aren't yet met: it's Windows-only, it collects only times, and it generates only simple reports. But it's still useful, so i share it with you.
- Open-source, portable, interpreted code
- Flexible enough to support any archiver with add/list/test/extract commands
- Collect as much as possible information about archiver run (user/kernel times, virtual/workset memory, number of I/O operations)
- Separate stages of information collection and report generation, with saving collected stats to JSON files
- Flexible report generation in various formats with filtering and ordering
Installation instructions: since scripts are written in Lua, and use random libs from LfW, you need to: