A proposal for optimal steps during archiving. As this doesn't exist right now I call it fairytale.
* only red colored groups benefit from solid archiving
* data segmentation means to check if input data is smaller when encoded or just stored and apply best choice
(to be tested on each block of each group, e.g. every few megabytes)
* deduplication in style of ZPAQ, Exdupe...
* enhanced matchfinder such as REP / SREP
* integrity checks using adler-32
* encryption using AES
* unicode support
Where the data segmentation is an important feature that is not widely spread/researched at the moment.
To my knowledge, only the following programs/algorithms use segmentation: WinRK, BSC, RAR5 (see unrar source)