Alright, I'm planning on finally setting up a site for my software development, where all recent versions and changelogs will be available.
This is the status quo:
The official home of packJPG is currently maintained by HTW Aalen University staff and therefore a little bit difficult to keep up to date:
My own website (+ Dropbox) is not the best option out there either:
What I want is a rather simple blog, plus a download area with direct links for all my software (only small file sizes). Here's what I'd need, in short:
- It should be (almost) free
- I need to be able to change the domain (will buy some top level domain for it)
- At least some limited file hosting capabilities for small file direct download
- Some possibilities to design the interface, but...
- ... as simple and quick to setup as possible (better no HTML needed)
- No ads, or at least only unobtrusive ones
I first thought about Googles Blogger service, but that misses the download area.