Some compression related pointers about Content-Encoding
- HTTP compression
- Results of experimenting with Brotli for dynamic web content
Benchmarking brotli, deflate, gzip for on-the-fly compression.
compression quality/ Speed / Connection speedup
- Brotli Accept-Encoding/Content-Encoding
Discussion about brotli content-encoding in firefox.
Scroll to bottom of the page for recent posts.
- Letting People in the Door. How and why to get 2s page loads
Example compressing 4.2 MB to 388K
unsing GZIP compression + Minification + Code Splitting + Responsive Images
- How to optimize and speed-up your website. A Complete guide
- Internet: 0.99 MB/s (xDSL) and 5.85 MB/s (Cable/Fiber)
- 4G and 3G mobile broadband speeds research
- 4G connection speeds up in 40 countries
- state of the internet report
- List of countries by Internet connection speeds
- How to simulate a low bandwidth connection for testing web sites and applications
- Incorporate conditional loading into your design for a better UX
- Latency: The New Web Performance Bottleneck
- Web Performance Trends: Speeding Up the Web...In fact, upgrading from 5Mbps to 10Mbps results in a mere 5% improvement in page loading times!...
...For every 20ms improvement in latency, we have a linear improvement in page loading times.
...global Internet traffic in 2019 will be equivalent to 66 times the volume of the entire global Internet in 2005...Globally, Internet traffic will reach 37 gigabytes (GB) per capita by 2019, up from 15.5 GB per capita in 2014...After looking at the stats above, time should definitely be spent on optimizing images and fonts, as well as video...