Thread: Intel ME Huffman algorithm

Thanks

Intel ME Huffman algorithm

"The chipsets associated with Skylake microarchitecture released around August 2015 and onwards have a new version of the ME(version 11), with new compression dictionaries which are not public.":
    http://io.netgarage.org/me/

"It also runs a TCP/IP server on your network interface and packets entering and leaving your machine on certain ports bypass any firewall running on your system.":
    https://boingboing.net/2016/06/15/in...ship-with.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sportman For This Useful Post:

Cyan (16th June 2016),Intrinsic (16th June 2016),SvenBent (16th June 2016)

Thanks
    Scary how this is going.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenBent View Post
    Scary how this is going.
    Scary how this has gone.
    Last edited by cbloom; 3rd August 2016 at 19:07.

Thanks

You humans are bunch of...

You humans are bunch of shortsighted monkeys. Now you're scared of ... what you've became? Really? Look on yourself! Tell honestly, how many of you bothered self to read, say, EULAs of proprietary programs you are using all the time? Oh, you've just clicked "agree"? Agree is agree. So there was no uproar. Okay, now Windows 10 EULA honestly admits they own you and your data, they can get everything and it is perfectly legal. They could afford it, because there was no uproar. That's what you get for being just a bunch of ignorant shortsighted monkeys.

These proprietary tools. They are "convenient"? You've "got used to it"? Pretty dumb. I mean, the bait has worked. It is YOU who going to be that dev's breakfast! Funny, isn't it? Enjoy by getting eaten by more lucky "collegue". You really deserved this. Being stupid in such a basic core aspects is a crime.

Furthermore, half of you do not mind behaving exactly like Intel does. Each and every proprietary dev is like a warlord, who is seeking to take control over what's going in his kingdom, eventually locking some users out, forcing them to use particular CPU, OS, program and whatever. They can't escape, since there was no source, no data formats description, nothing. So they have to obey their superior, author of the program. This scheme inevitably comes to its logical end. Eventually, few strongest warlords prevail over everybody else. Everyone else is dominated. No rules, no limits. That's what you've attempted to do with others, proprietary bitches, don't you?! Now it turns out there was stronger ones, who managed to lock you down and take over control over your stupid PCs the way you can't even escape. Funny, isn't it?

To make it even worse, most of you are stupid to degree you're unable to imagine there could be world beyond of x86 or Windows. So you've ran straight into the trap, being attracted by "cool dev tools" and "one OS, one CPU, One Microsoft Way" and silently "agreed". Agreed to get attracted by bait and eaten as breakfast. And now you've got scared? Seriously? Intel isn't anyhow worse than e.g. RadGameTools, who never bothered self to provide documentation on their data formats, etc. The only difference is the scale. To make it more fun, recent AMD systems also going to implement similar techs.

At least some of you deserved this fate. It will get worse. MS claimed they are "devices and services company". Intel does not minds taking some part in fun either. Ignorant monkey are "agree", so you're going to "enjoy" by locked down ecosystem. Probably similar to iPhone/xBox. That's what would happen to your computers and programs. Now you will have to obey your superiors, losers. And at least some of you going to have hard time to escape, because you've valued own convenience over common sense and safety, running straight into the trap.

There is way around. Ther're ways to deal with it. But it is out of reach for most of you. Because you're ignorant shortsighted monkeys. So, enjoy by your deseved fate. More will come.

Btw you should be blind, Wintel were assembling Restricted Boot, DRM and other lockdown/total control technologies for more than 10 years. Who cares on what's going on, right? Now all parts of puzzle are more or less complete. That's what you get for failing to evaluate your own actions one step further. Fair enough, don't you think so?

Thanks
    Hmm i cant find the report button...
    Cthulhu please go troll somewhere else. you have given no contribution to this forum so far

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SvenBent For This Useful Post:

Bulat Ziganshin (19th June 2016),Christoph Diegelmann (17th June 2016)

Thanks
    I've been thinking that it's gone too far and that my next machine should be ARM. Now I'm even more convinced about that.

Thanks
    yeah, went back to my 6502 too.