Thread: Videolan VLC

Thanks

Videolan VLC

I have found a bug in 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 both x32 and x64. This bug does not exist in 2.2.8.

Take some move like mp4 or webm or avi (i have not tested any more) and rename to .mp4.vlc - just to make this file open with vlc. (I use MPC-HC for all movies). This extension makes vlc show error and behaive strange before movie plays.

I do not know how to find if someone else has found this bug, or how to report it. Maybe I should not bother.

Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to przemoc For This Useful Post:

a902cd23 (20th March 2018)

Thanks
    Solution for me is to not use .vlc, but .mtv.
    Now it will play compressed zip without error.

EDIT: What I meant was correct movie with wrong extension, like mp4.mtv. I do not know what extension .mtv is but vlc does play it reguardless of its not the correct extension for this file.

Quote Originally Posted by przemoc View Post
    Thanks, but I did look at that page before writing here. But searching another forum if someone else has already .... no, that means asking right question while searching. My language skills is not good, neither is my understanding of how other people think. But I am not complaining, life is to short.
    Last edited by a902cd23; 20th March 2018 at 17:45. Reason: answer to przemoc and correction