Thread: bcj2 ?

Thanks

Talking bcj2 ?

i'm looking for compress program that use this stupid filter, not command line like 7z.exe, anyone know about one ?

* i know that izarc old version support it :P but they remove this option

Tester
    Thanks
    if CLI 7-zip supports it, then probably GUI 7-zip will also support it
    I am... Black_Fox... my discontinued benchmark
    "No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of memory is enough for all time? I keep bumping into that silly quotation attributed to me that says 640K of memory is enough. There's never a citation; the quotation just floats like a rumor, repeated again and again." -- Bill Gates

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Fox View Post
    if CLI 7-zip supports it, then probably GUI 7-zip will also support it
    not from GUI only from command line *** 7Z SO suck's *** they devlop this filter but they didn't have gui support !!! why ? bcz they suck's

Tester
    Thanks
    Yeah, 7-zip is POS and it sucks, that's why it is one of the world's best and most renowned compression software.

EDIT: thanks pat357
    Last edited by Black_Fox; 15th November 2009 at 04:39.
    I am... Black_Fox... my discontinued benchmark
    "No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of memory is enough for all time? I keep bumping into that silly quotation attributed to me that says 640K of memory is enough. There's never a citation; the quotation just floats like a rumor, repeated again and again." -- Bill Gates

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maorosh View Post
    not from GUI only from command line *** 7Z SO suck's *** they devlop this filter but they didn't have gui support !!! why ? bcz they suck's
    Hm.. you must have a "tweaked" 7Z version.
    The GUI uses BCJ2 by default for .exe/.dll/.. files in the higher compression modes like "ultra" :

To prove it, I compressed the exe "freearc.exe" using the GUI in "ultra" mode to "freearc.7z".

Here is what 7z.exe says about the archive :

Code:
     > 7z l -slt freearc.7z
    7-Zip 4.65  Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov  2009-02-03
    Listing archive: FreeArc.7z
    Method = LZMA BCJ2
    Solid = -
    Blocks = 1
    Physical Size = 808672
    Headers Size = 177
    ----------
    Path = FreeArc.exe
    Size = 3429376
    Packed Size = 808495
    Modified = 2009-10-21 19:44:38
    Attributes = ....A
    CRC = 57C19D63
    Encrypted = -
    Method = BCJ2 LZMA:22 LZMA:20 LZMA:20
    Block = 0

Thanks
    I know it's an old thread, but the 7-zip manual even gives you the exact syntax to force bcj2 use in the gui:
    Parameters
    Allows you to specify parameters for compression. See the -m (Method) switch description for more details. Omit the -m prefix (as in -m switch) when using this dialog box.

Examples

Code:
    0=PPMd
    uses PPMd method for compressing files.

Code:
    0=bcj2 1=lzma:d23 2=lzma 3=lzma b0:1 b0s1:2 b0s2:3
    uses BCJ2 filter (for x86 executables) and LZMA.
    It's right there on the page when you press the Help button, how could you miss it?

All it doesn't give you is syntax for forcing bcj2 on only specific files, that's a lot more complex, and it's not possible to use on partial files yet.

Thanks
    i think you should take care of how you words thing about here.

failing to read the help file and then blaming the author in this harsh way from you own fail is not the way to make helping "friends" around this forum or pretty much anywhere else.

adjust you attitude to a bit more humble approach.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenBent View Post
    i think you should take care of how you words thing about here.

failing to read the help file and then blaming the author in this harsh way from you own fail is not the way to make helping "friends" around this forum or pretty much anywhere else.

adjust you attitude to a bit more humble approach.
    read what i said ... i dont want to add a syntax for use it. i want it will be in GUI as option like other option. so how does ur answer solve my problem ?
    - they have so many problem too add their alardy stupid gui another option name: bcj2\bcj ???
    -- i also read this help file ... it's not help me so much BZC i don't want use CMD line for compress i want to use GUI
    Last edited by maorosh; 13th December 2009 at 01:18.

Thanks
    The best way to solve your problem, I think, is to post your problem in 7-zip forum. We don't know too much about compression actually. Or you can write the letter directly to Igor, but don't forget to include all the words you used here and you'll succeed.

Thanks
    read what i said ... i dont want to add a syntax for use it. i want it will be in GUI as option like other option. so how does ur answer solve my problem ?
    - they have so many problem too add their alardy stupid gui another option name: bcj2\bcj ???
    -- i also read this help file ... it's not help me so much BZC i don't want use CMD line for compress i want to use GUI
    my comment vas never meant to address your stated problem.
    it was to address you attitude, which is a way bigger problem for you, to get you problems solved.
    There is no way on Earth I'm going to help a personswho shows so little respect in regards to other people works and skills.