I just checked MOC : it gives a very good and also a very complete overview about available compressors with a reasonable speed.
posssible improvements for MOC :
- line 8 (ranked on compression size) : UHARC -m1 - md32768 should use about 3 + 32*9 + buffersize (default 1MB) = about 292 MB RAM for compression.
- CMM4 was tested with 43 ; could you test it like CMM4 76 ...??
(it should still fullfill the 1GB mem. requirement )
- A few classic/good compressor programs that I miss in the list :
- WinZip 11 (has also PPM, is fast and has good wave and other mm compression, switches automatic) , is probably also the most used compressor nowadays !!
- Squeez 5.6 : very good "general purpose" compressor, the one I use for "daily" archiving.
Would it be possible to include these in the future ?
Thanks in advance