Hi, main news about PeaZip 1.4:
- introduces compression/extraction frontend for QUAD;
- allows to send input data to TAR archive before other compression/archiving/etc stage;
- features a strip/UPX frontend, mainly intended for developers, which allows to contain the size of executables.
Next steps will be:
- improve QUAD's frontend (probably a mid term update called 1.4b)
- introduce localization (next version, 1.5); probably before I'll publish text to be translated on a package to allow contributors to send back translations since I will only be able to translate it in English and Italian (please read notes about incomplete UTF-8 support on PeaZip website, which for the moment will make localization a bit difficult for some languages and not possible to others, while generally feasible for West European languages).
10th March 2007, 16:54
Looking forward to the next relese!
Originally Posted by giorgiotani